Monday, August 3, 2009

Leftovers Sandwich

When I have people over for dinner, more often than not I'll make this tomato-cream pasta recipe. I usually have most of the ingredients (except for cream) on hand already in my pantry, it's easy to make a lot of it at fairly little expense, and it's totally delicious. Probably not something you want to be eating on a daily basis, since there's cream and butter in it, but in moderation or on occasion it's very filling and satisfying. (Note: I add frozen peas, for color and a little extra green-vegetable kick. And I like it with cappellini/angel hair pasta.)

Of course, since I tend to make a whole ton of it to feed my hungry guests, I sometimes end up with extra sauce and don't really know what to do with it except put it on more pasta. The last time I made it, however, I figured that I had nearly an entire loaf of bread I needed to eat, and a chicken breast left over from another dinner. Now, the sauce is pretty thick, since I use diced tomatoes not puree, so VOILA! Sandwich!

All right, so my food photog skillz need some work. Whatever. This was just the leftover sauce with sliced baked chicken breast on whole wheat bread. Yum!

No comments: