Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Complete Control - Reaction

Well, I am as of now rehabilitating this blog. Get ready for surprises!

 I bought Complete Control's album, Reaction from the music store I work at. This is momentous for a number of reasons: one, I never buy CDs. Two, I have been eyeing that album for months and the only reason I finally bought it is because they're not a big enough band yet to be downloadable anywhere online. Three - I loved it. No, seriously! This is straight up street punk, with guitar riffs similar to The Unseen and a heavy vocalist reminiscent of Lars Frederiksen of The Bastards and Rancid fame. My closest comparison would be a weird hybrid/lovechild of the Unseen and San Diego's Cheap Sex. Unfortunately, Complete Control doesn't have quite the frenetic energy of the Unseen, and their lyrics struggle for some kind of deeper meaning that doesn't necessarily succeed, but the entire album is remarkably listenable and intense. I'm loving "Blame" and the title track "Reaction."

Check out the band at their TKO Records site or through their page on that most ubiquitous of sites, Myspace.

No comments: