Friday, January 18, 2008

The Blue Miniskirt: Essential #1


Time for another clothing post! I found this royal blue denim miniskirt at H&M a month ago, and I swear I didn't take it off for a week after I bought it. I've always hated denim miniskirts, mistakenly thinking that they only came in one breed: washed-out, ripped-off LA surfer girl. (And people who might know me, or those of you who care to take a glance at the picture to the right, know that I am not one of those girls, and never will be.) H&M lovingly proved me wrong, as this gem nearly stuffed itself into my bag in its desire to adorn my skirt-starved frame. 

Usually I wear it with a t-shirt and leggings, with either boots or ballet flats+legwarmers. The only worry I have is that the color might fade over time, since it's such a vivid blue - any ideas for how to keep it from fading? And another problem - where do I find more of these? I want about 8374 more, in different colors. I know American Apparel has some sort of multicolored assortment of stretchy miniskirts, but I always throw up a little in my mouth whenever I walk into an AA store. I don't know why, to be honest, the colors are lovely...but no, no American Apparel for me. So, ideas?

No comments: