Saturday, March 8, 2008

Garage Sale Haul

So my friend Arica is going to Europe on Thursday (the lucky girl), and she decided to clean out a bunch of stuff from her basement. Actually, a ton of it is her mom's stuff from the 70s and 80s, so I found about a million things I liked and wanted!

First, a light blue silky nightshirt that I am probably going to end up wearing as a dress, a black purse (it has a shoulder strap, I just tucked it in for aesthetic photographing reasons!) and a blue purse (ditto the strap).


FABULOUS maroon/brown oxford shoes, a bit tight but absolutely worth it. The toes will stretch out a bit once I wear them! I've been looking around for shoes like this ever since I saw these at Forever21 (but too shiny and too high of a heel pour moi) and these and these on The Face Hunter. And I finally found some! I'm still on the lookout for these and these, though (photos from The Face Hunter as well).


A bunch of NGs for collaging, a copy of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, some stamps, and a wicked turquoise belt with polka dots.


And then a fabulous late 80s/early 90s cropped blazer, that looks like this in the front... (sorry for the terrible photo)

And THIS in the back!!! How amazing is that??


And last but certainly not least, a real fur/leather white coat! It's so fabulous, I'm going to wear it everywhere. Of course, as soon as I WANT it to be chilly enough for me to wear it, it's sunny here...silly Berkeley! Not that I'm not loving the sun :) I think I've said this before; you know how some people have a shoe problem? Yeah, well, I have a coat problem.


All in all, a pretty good haul for a garage sale, huh?

No comments: