Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Three Coats

This photo doesn't really do the colors justice, but this a cobalt blue trench, originally from Banana Republic and purchased in tip-top condition for cheapy cheap from Buffalo Exchange on Telegraph. It's kind of big, but trés perfect for layering to deal with the schizophrenic Berkeley weather.


All right, excuse me grinning like an idiot - I don't have my model pose/face quite down yet. This is an awesome mod-ish tweed coat, and I love it - I feel like I get more coats than anything else when I'm shopping, when I know I'm really just going to end up wearing my trusty black peacoat if it's even remotely chilly. Oh well, maybe getting stuff like this is incentive to branch out! Also I love tweed.


So I saw this jacket in wasteland on the shopping trip with Alison a few weeks ago, and I bought it because it is such a weird mixture of elements: the yellow canvassy outside, the brown sweatery lapels and brown quilted inside, and the fake leopard print collar. SO EPIC. It's kind of heinous in that way that makes it awesome. 


Three dresses coming up next!

No comments: