Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why I am Not Buying Bon Appetit This Month

I hate to be a baby or pompous or something about this, but I am refusing to buy Bon Appetit this month because they put Gwyneth Paltrow on the cover.

I feel like BA used to be an awesome FOOD magazine, and the recent shift has definitely made the magazine more hip and improved the design. But when they start putting annoying celebrities on the cover who think they're chefs because they can throw some asparagus in pasta, then they've lost me.

I want to hear about the people who are going to be the next Anthony Bourdains and the next great mixologists, who have calluses on their hands and have actually worked at doing something other than being glamorous.

2 comments:

renklem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
renklem said...

Ditto - she most definitely should not be on the cover and should stick to what she's good at (whatever that may be). I like your blog!